Thursday 22 August 2013

Assignment 1 Presentation - Surrealism

Based on the previous post, Assignment 1 Artwork - Surrealism, I combined Sketch #1 and #5 to form a complete painting with all the important elements I want to portray in self portrait.



 

Sketch #1                                                     Sketch #5




Voila! The final painting!

Important Elements

In the painting, aluminium foil acts as a replacement for a broken mirror. I picture myself looking at an image on a mirror, then breaking through it and witnessing my true personality within. This fits in the characteristics of a surrealism painting, which are dream-like and unrealistic.

My hair is seen holding a few items, which are a book, a color palette, a pen, a paintbrush and a cat. Those items symbolizes my hobbies and preferences, which makes up my personality.

The portrait of myself drawing my own lips and choosing a suitable set of eyes shows that I am still on the journey of self discovery. Even though I am aware of my likes and dislikes, I still have a long way to go in order to understand completely about myself.

My hair has a slight green tinge at the ends, which symbolizes growing young plants. The saying 'learning never stops' fits in perfectly with this element.

Overall

This painting is an almost complete 'bio data' of myself, showing what my preferences are, and even though I am not perfect, I am still understanding more about myself, and definitely more about the world.



-------- Assignment #1 Complete --------

No comments:

Post a Comment